The Carlyle Group has released the latest installment of the firm’s ValuCast audio podcast series with Co-Chief Executive Officer David Rubenstein discussing the top ten changes to the private equity industry following the Great Recession.
During the podcast, which runs just under nine minutes, Mr. Rubenstein discusses trends and developments in the industry, including:
- Increased regulatory and public scrutiny
- Emergence of the individual investor
- Changes in fundraising dynamics
- Institutional investors seeking a greater variety of products and strategies
- Traditional private equity firms becoming alternative asset managers
- Increased focus on operational improvement versus financial engineering
Click HERE to listen to the podcast.
The Carlyle Group invests in buyouts, growth capital, real estate and leveraged finance in Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America and South America. Sectors of interest include aerospace & defense; automotive & transportation; consumer & retail; energy & power; financial services; healthcare; industrial; infrastructure; technology & business services; and telecommunications & media. The Carlyle Group employs 1,400 people in 34 offices across six continents and is based in Washington, DC (www.carlyle.com).
© 2013 PEPD • Private Equity’s Leading News Magazine • 5-15-13