Spectrio, a portfolio company of Bertram Capital, has acquired Senior Living Media from the Osborn Company.
Senior Living Media (SLM) is a provider of specialized content and graphics – digital signage, social media, newsletters, calendars, menus, and events – that facilitate resident engagement in senior living communities.
The company’s subscription-based Activity Assistant program provides senior community activity directors with a constantly updated supply of activities, games, and entertainment to keep residents engaged and socially connected. SLM is based northeast of Atlanta in Duluth, Georgia.
“Spectrio represents an excellent example of Bertram’s ability to execute our specific approach to value creation, the Bertram High-5,” said Jared Ruger, a partner at Bertram. Bertram’s “High 5” strategy creates value in portfolio companies through add-on acquisitions, management enhancement, supply chain optimization, sales and marketing improvement, and technology optimization. “Working with an exceptional leadership team at Spectrio, we have been able to acquire strategic assets like Senior Living Media that extend Spectrio’s technology and content assets and enhance the future growth opportunity.”
The buy of SLM is the tenth add-on acquisition for Spectrio since being acquired by Bertram in September 2017 from The Riverside Company. The nine earlier add-ons were:
- 10 Foot Wave – a digital signage company serving the automotive sector (February 2018);
- On Hold Company – an on-hold messaging and marketing company;
- Voice Solutions, a provider of sensory marketing services (September 2018);
- Codigo, a provider of digital signage to the financial services industry (December 2018);
- Commercials On Hold, an on-hold messaging and marketing company (April 2019);
- Media Distribution Solutions, a provider of customized video content for small and medium-sized businesses (June 2019);
- LifeShare Technologies, a provider of resident engagement products for senior living communities (July 2019);
- VSNetworks, a provider of digital and interactive signage (August 2019); and
- Profit On-Hold, a provider of in-store marketing services (January 2020).
Today, Spectrio is a provider of content and technology-based in-store marketing services including digital signage, interactive kiosks, Wi-Fi marketing, in-store music and marketing, on-hold marketing, and scent marketing. The company’s customers range from small businesses to Fortune 500 companies at more than 100,000 locations. Spectrio, led by CEO Dax Brady-Sheehan, is headquartered near Tampa in Oldsmar, Florida.
“Resident engagement and active social connection are major priorities for our senior living customers,” said Mr. Brady-Sheehan. “Adding these extensive creative content capabilities allows Spectrio to provide even more compelling resident engagement opportunities.”
Bertram invests in middle-market business services, consumer, industrial and manufacturing companies that have revenues from $25 million to $250 million and EBITDA of $5 million to $30 million. The firm is headquartered south of San Francisco in San Mateo, California.
Private Equity Professional | September 9, 2020