Three private equity and technology executives have launched Bridge Growth Partners to invest in the technology and financial services sectors as well as technology-enabled opportunities in other sectors.
The firm’s founding principals are Sander Levy, Alok Singh, and Kevin Parker. Mr. Levy was a founding partner and managing director of Vestar Capital Partners, a private equity firm that manages over $8 billion of equity capital. Mr. Singh was a managing director at New Mountain Capital, a private investment firm with more than $9 billion of assets under management. Mr. Parker is a technology executive who most recently served as chief executive officer of Deltek, an enterprise software and information services provider sold in 2012 for $1.1 billion, and was previously co-president and chief financial officer of PeopleSoft, an enterprise applications software company acquired by Oracle in 2004.
“Our objective in establishing Bridge Growth Partners is to bring a highly integrated, relationship-driven approach to private equity investing. By marrying our collective investment experience with our team’s deep talent in business building and operations, we will aim to identify attractive acquisition opportunities and help management teams build their companies,” said Mr. Levy.
Joining the three founders as senior managing director and chief administrative officer is Tom Manley, a technology executive who was most recently chief financial officer of Avaya and previously chief financial officer of Cognos, a software company sold to IBM in 2008 for approximately $5 billion. Mr. Manley will serve on the firm’s Executive Committee with the three founders.
“Our combined years of experience investing in and fostering the growth of companies within the technology and financial services sectors provides us with a unique perspective and an important edge in today’s private equity market,” said Mr. Singh. “We intend to leverage our extensive global network of relationships cultivated over many years to identify and secure the most compelling opportunities for investment. Our goal is to actively work our investments to create enduring value for our portfolio companies and other stakeholders.”
The advisory board of Bridge Growth Partners includes:
- Joseph Tucci, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of EMC Corporation and Chairman of VMware.
- The Honorable John Manley, Chief Executive Officer of the Canadian Council of Chief Executives and former Deputy Prime Minister and Finance Minister of Canada
- Governor Tom Ridge, former Secretary of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and former Governor of Pennsylvania
- Ambassador Steven Green, former U.S. Ambassador to the Republic of Singapore, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Greenstreet Partners, and member of the International Advisory Board of GIC and Chairman of Guggenheim International
- Myron Trepper, former Co-Chairman of international law firm Willkie Farr & Gallagher
- Rob Ashe, a board member of Halogen Software and ServiceSource, and former Chief Executive Officer of Cognos and General Manager of IBM’s Business Analytics division
- Nanci Caldwell, a board member of Citrix, TIBCO Software, and JDA Software, and former Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer of PeopleSoft
“Our resources, networks and industry know-how are powerful drivers to capitalize on the significant investment opportunities we see in technology and financial services. We are grateful for the commitment from an extraordinary group of supporters as we hit the ground running at Bridge Growth Partners,” said Mr. Parker.
Bridge Growth Partners is based in New York (www.bridgegrowthpartners.com).
© 2013 PEPD • Private Equity’s Leading News Magazine • 6-24-13