“Our senior advisors offer expertise and perspective to our company management teams and The Pritzker Group as part of our commitment to operational excellence. Their counsel will help our companies create and execute strategies that achieve world-class operations, products and services for our customers,” said Paul Carbone, Managing Partner of Private Equity for The Pritzker Group.
The Pritzker Group has been ramping up its middle-market investment activities since the Group hired Paul Carbone, who formerly built and led the Private Equity Group for Robert W. Baird and Co., as its Managing Partner of Private Equity in February 2012. In January 2013, The Pritzker Group hired Michael Nelson, former managing director of Wind Point Partners, as a new Partner to lead its investments in manufactured products.
The five new senior advisors are as follows:
- Christopher Doerr is co-CEO of Sterling Aviation Holdings and previously led Karl’s Event Services and LEESON Electric. Mr. Doerr is currently a director of Roadrunner Transportation Systems and Regal Beloit. He also provides strategic counsel to Signicast, a provider of investment castings.
- Stephen Fraser has served in a variety of senior management positions for private and publicly-traded companies, including Horizon Lines and GENCO. Mr. Fraser is a professional independent board member and provides advisory services to companies. He serves as a senior advisor to PECO Pallet, a pallet rental services and logistics company.
- John Pedersen is a former senior vice president of Boston Scientific and senior engagement manager of McKinsey & Co. Mr. Pedersen is a senior advisor to Clinical Innovations, a women’s health medical device business focused on improving efficiency and outcomes during labor and delivery.
- John Prann, Jr., is currently a director of Corrections Corporation of America and formerly served as president and CEO of Katy Industries. A former Deloitte & Touche partner, Mr. Prann is senior advisor to Impact Products, which manufactures and supplies branded and private label non-chemical commercial cleaning and maintenance products.
- Paul Reilly is a serial entrepreneur who founded and sold several businesses, including Paul Reilly Company of Illinois, Rytec Corporation and R-Bac Industries. Mr. Reilly also has served as the top executive of Encore Discovery Solutions, D-Vision Systems and Orbit Commerce. He was named senior advisor to Intersystems International, which designs and manufactures specialized material handling equipment serving the agriculture industry.
The Pritzker Group’s middle-market investment team acquires North American-based companies with enterprise values between $100 million and $500 million and EBITDAs in excess of $15 million. Sectors of interest include manufactured products, healthcare, and services. The Pritzker Group is based in Chicago (www.pritzkergroup.com).
© 2013 PEPD • Private Equity’s Leading News Magazine • 4-18-13