“In a dynamic and challenging private equity landscape, The Riverside Company is constantly striving to find and recognize superb employees. Riverside has navigated the difficult environment that’s continuing to shake up the private equity industry,” said Co-CEO Béla Szigethy. “We’re thrilled to be able to reward and recognize the professionals who have helped us deliver results over these years.”
The nine promotions are as follows:
- Joe Lee, to Partner. Mr. Lee started at Riverside in 2006, and has worked on six Riverside platform deals in addition to many add-ons. He was the lead transactor on the recent successful realization of Wildlife International. Mr. Lee is based in Riverside’s Cleveland office.
- Jack Nestor, to Partner. Mr. Nestor began with Riverside in 2005, and has led seven platform deals for the firm, including the successful 2012 realization of HEALTHCAREfirst. He is based in Cleveland.
- Peter Schaberger, to Partner. Mr. Schaberger has been with Riverside since 2005, and has led or been involved with the acquisition or management of seven platform companies, several add-ons and four exits. Mr. Schaberger is based in Munich.
- Lars Eriksson, to Principal, UK, Nordic & Baltic Countries, Origination. Mr. Eriksson has played a key role in the identification and acquisition of numerous opportunities in Europe since joining Riverside in 2007. He is based in Stockholm.
- Marty Graul, to Principal. Mr. Graul joined Riverside in 2007. In his Riverside career, he has worked on the acquisition of five platforms and three add-ons, in addition to four exits. He is based in Dallas.
- Jeremy Holland, to Principal, Origination. Mr. Holland joined Riverside in 2010 and he has revitalized Riverside’s Origination presence in the western United States. Over the past two years, he has sourced and worked on six acquisitions. He is based in Los Angeles.
- Meranee Phing, to Principal. Ms. Phing joined Riverside in 2005, and has completed four platform and two add-on acquisitions, as well as four exits. She is based in San Francisco.
- Monica Chase, to Director, Fundraising & Investor Relations. Ms. Chase joined Riverside in 2007. She has participated in the raising of six fund vintages and has worked with investors globally for all four of Riverside’s fund families.
- Sarah Spencer, to Director, Strategic Analysis & Sourcing (SAS). Ms. Spencer has been with Riverside since 2005, and has played a key role in the successful efforts of SAS to identify efficiencies, reduce expenses and monitor portfolio performance. She is based in New York.
“Riverside has a wonderful tradition of growing our transacting talent to reinforce our unique culture. It’s important for us to encourage excellence and reward our best talent,” said Co-CEO Stewart Kohl. “That’s especially true now, as our industry becomes more competitive and doing great deals gets more difficult and more important every day. We’re grateful to have a wonderful global team, and we always enjoy promoting the best of them.”
The Riverside Company is a private equity firm focused on the smaller end of the middle market (“SEMM”). Riverside specializes in investing in SEMM companies (those valued up to $250 million) and partners with management teams to build companies through acquisitions and value-added growth. Since 1988, the firm has invested in 300 transactions with a total enterprise value of more than $6 billion. The firm’s current portfolio includes more than 75 companies. The Riverside Company is headquartered in New York with additional offices in Atlanta, Chicago, Cleveland, Dallas, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and London (www.riversidecompany.com).
© 2013 PEPD • Private Equity’s Leading News Magazine • 4-17-13